Saturday, June 8, 2013

Ribbit Roos

In my classroom Ribbit Roos are all the rage.  What is a Ribbit Roo you are wondering?  Well, it is our classroom money system.  When I first started teaching 3rd grade I made some basic Ribbit Roos.  For 5 years I have wanted to make some new Ribbit Roos and this week with the help of my amazing sister Sarah, I finally did!!!

Students earn whole Ribbit Roos for good behavior.  Expectations are set and students know how they can earn classroom money.  I use the clip chart system.  If a student makes it to the top of the chart they earn 3 Ribbit Roos.  Students can also earn Ribbit Roos by doing classroom jobs.


I use 1/2 Ribbit Roos (tadpole) to pass out for other things like answering questions and being caught doing something extra special.  I love the 1/2 Ribbit Roo because it is a great way to start teaching fractions at the beginning of the year.

These are available on my Teachers Pay Teachers website 

When students earn 10 Ribbit Roos they can trade it in for a classroom incentive.  In my room I have a classroom incentive menu:


You can download this incentive menu and definitions of each item for free by clicking on the photo.  

My students love the teacher chair option because they get my chair with rollers and I sit in their short little chair for the day.  Anything to keep the kiddos happy, right?

I also charge 10 Ribbit Roos to buy a new pencil.  Ohhh!  This was the best decision of my life.  Pencils were my worst nightmare!  I felt I spent half my day sharpening pencils and listening to students complain they couldn't find a pencil.  Now, the sun has come out again in my life as a teacher, and they take more responsibility for their things and know just what to do if they don't have a pencil.

Yay for Ribbit Roos!



  



No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10