Friday, August 30, 2013

Back To School Open House

I can't believe it is already back to school time.  The summer has come and gone and now it is time to get in the teaching groove again.  Here goes nothing ;).

I decided this year to make a little somethin' froggy to welcome my students back to school.  I found a cute template for a paper bag frog here.  I had some of my students from last year, cut out and put the bags together.  

Here is what the frogs looked like on the desks.

I put a pencil, eraser, and some small "3rd grade survival treats" inside the bag.  The kids were excited to take the bags home with them.


I also put a small cut out of a Lilly pad on the desk with a couple of get to know you questions for the each student to answer.   

Next year I am going to find green bags to use for the frog body, but I think the kids really enjoyed walking in to see a frog sitting on their desk.  I hope you had a good back to school open house, and here's to a great new year!!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10